Taylor Farms Face,3248'35.6"N 11432'11.6"W
Bard, CA 92222
All work is performed in the field and on the farm.
Seasonal Harvester (Romaine lettuce, Iceberg lettuce, Green Cabbage, Celery):
Cut or pack lettuce, cabbage and celery of the correct quality, size and weight for the correct packs in the field on the farm. Pack or package by hand a wide variety of produce in the correct packs in the field on the farm. This is a non-managerial position and works under the general supervision of the Harvest foreperson.
Continual vision examination of produce to determine if product is right for harvesting.
Use hands and arms to handle the product.
Place commodity into appropriate packing box in the field on the farm.
Place completed packed product onto moving equipment such as conveyors in the field on the farm.
Mark cartons by using marking tools.
Examine and inspect containers, packaging material and product to ensure that packing specifications are met in the field on the farm.
Harvest product by hand, and/or using a harvest knife.
Continual bending to reach product.
Walk throughout shift on uneven ground and in leafy rows with debris.
Ensure that all Food Safety policies are followed.
Ensure that all safety procedures are followed to reduce the risk of any type of injury to either the employee or others.
Reports all safety problems, incidents and injuries to harvest foreperson immediately.
Comply with all Company policies.
The Machine Operator is responsible for the safe and proper operation of the companys harvesting machines in the field; including, daily maintenance inspections, basic adjustments, and reporting maintenance and mechanical issues to their supervisor.
Essential Duties for the Machine Operator include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Follow supervisors instructions always, and arrive to work on time
2. Thoroughly inspect the machine on all points required by the company and be ready for the harvest crew when they arrive
3. Start-up, operate, and shut-down the machine per company guidelines
4. Listen to the machine operation and be aware of audio indications of mechanical problems
5. Report possible mechanical issues to the supervisor immediately
6. Report unsafe or damaged equipment to supervisor immediately
7. Always be aware of the people working on the machine and on the ground to avoid accidents
8. Move equipment carefully when entering and exiting the field.
9. Perform duties in accordance with the companys established safety standards
10. Communicate with harvest supervisors and co-workers respectfully and professionally
11. Participate in safety trainings, orientations and all other company meetings as required
12. Report all injuries to supervisor immediately regardless of how slight they might seem
See addendum C.
Three months of harvest experience and/or minimum of 3 months experience as a farm machine operator in the field. Specific requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds frequently and able to use hand tools, including cutting knives. Must be able to work under conditions where skin and clothing become heavily soiled with mud, water, grease, etc. Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions, including rain, cold, high winds, etc. Work involves frequent bending and working in bent or stooped positions. Must be able to walk and stand up extensively. No smoking, alcohol, firearms in the field or residential housing.
Work is performed in open fields and may involve exposure to mud, dust, wind, heat, cold, and other natural elements. Temperatures can range from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the period of employment. Workers should come prepared with appropriate clothing and footwear for the environmental and working conditions described.