Logging Equipment Operator
Coconino National Forest, Coconino County, AZ. AZ Forest Service Rd 300 & AZ State Route 87 (34.453882, -111.3960)
Payson, AZ 85541
1. Operate one or more of the following logging machines:
(A) SKIDDER: The worker will operate a Caterpillar Model 525B Skidder to drag ("skid") fallen trees in bunches from where they are felled, to a central location where they will be processed and cut to lengths as required by the customer. The Skidder also performs rescue missions for trucks when they are stuck in the mud or snow on their way to bringing logs to the mill by pushing or pulling the trucks with a chain; and/or
(B) DE-LIMBER: The worker will operate a De-Limber to de-limb trees and cut them according to the size required by the mill or customer.
2. Inspect equipment daily and complete basic repairs to keep equipment safe and functional.
3. Maintain equipment in good working order by checking fluid levels, and greasing and fueling machines when necessary.
4. Remove debris to clear work areas.
5. Assist with other job-related tasks, as-needed.